Weifang Medical University is a full-time comprehensive general undergraduate university in Shandong Province approved by the Ministry of Education. It is located in Weifang, Shandong, a world-famous kite capital and a nationally civilized city, The school is a provincial-level application-oriented talents-characteristic-famous school project construction unit, the provincial master's degree awarded project construction unit A.
Weifang Medical University (WFMU) is a state-owned medical university that was founded in 1951. It was expanded in 1958 as Changwei Medical College and renamed Weifang Medical University in 1987. In 1986, WFMU became one of the third batches of universities to confer master’s degrees. In 2012, WFMU was listed as one of the institutions of the Ph.D. Talent Cultivation Project to serve special national needs and was authorized to award a doctoral degree. WFMU has educated Ph. D candidates since 2013. WFMU was approved by Shandong Province’s elite training characteristics project of applied talents in 2013. In 2014, WFMU achieved the first batch of National undergraduate admission. In 2016, Clinical Medicine, Anesthesiology, and Public Affairs Management are listed as the first batch of National undergraduate admission. It is also the applied talents education unit of Shandong province.
2. Featured Programs
Over the past decades, a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary pattern has taken shape at WFMU, which has offered several disciplines, inclusive of medical sciences, health management, general sciences, law, literature, etc., with the medical sciences as the leading discipline. WFMU is authorized to grant Bachelor's and Master's degrees and recruit overseas students. WFMU is also authorized to recruit Ph.D. candidates in collaboration with Shandong University, Southern Medical University, and Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
(1) Clinical Medicine ranks 1% of the world according to ESI's latest statistics.
(2) Starts recruiting international students in 2003.
(3) There are lots of international students who are from 23 countries, such as Asia, Africa, Europe, etc.
(4) The program has a high level of teaching staff and a strong academic foundation.
(5) There are lots of teaching facilities with high quality, for example, Medicine Experimental Training Center and Virtual Simulation Teaching Center.
3. International Exchange
The university has established extensive inter-relationships with many overseas universities such as Western State College in California, U.S.A., Ukraine Haerkefu State Academy, Ukraine Haerkefu State Medical Academy, Ukraine Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy; RMIT and La Trobe University of Australia, College of Saskatchewan of Canada, and University of Occupational and Environmental Health of Japan. More than 160 foreign experts have been invited to visit or teach at WFMU, over 170 teachers have studied abroad, and many staff has been sent abroad for medical succor. More than 60 famous professors from all over the world have been invited to be guest professors at the university. WFMU recruits overseas students every year, and there are nearly 600 overseas students from Zambia, Ghana, India, Nepal, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Pakistan at present.
The university has Shandong Provincial Government International Students Scholarship and university-level scholarships for international students. Scholarships are awarded based on the international students’ academic performance, interviews, entrance examinations, etc, under the principle of fairness and impartiality.
5. Internship Information
(1) Organize students to plastic surgery hospitals to do specialty practice during summer or winter vacation.
(2) Every semester there are summer specialty practice projects such as Chinese massage.
(3) To realize the practical training requirements by using the national virtual simulation experimental training platform.
(4) Let international students be familiar with medical behavior and medical process.
(5) There are 17 affiliated hospitals.
(6) WFMU-affiliated hospital is a comprehensive Third Class A Leve Hospital, which is responsible for the clinical practice of international students.
6. Why Choose WFMU
(1) WFMU is listed as the number one medical university in the Shandong Province with the most international students and recruits international students earlier than other universities.
(2) Over 600 international students have graduated from WFMU.
(3) There are 8 national models, excellent teachers, 7 provincial-level teachers, 32 top-notch professionals at provincial and municipal levels, 7 doctoral graduate tutors, and 596 Master graduate tutors.
(4) The percentage of Excellent International Students Scholarship is up to 21.
(5) The passing rate of getting license examinations for doctors after going back to their home country in 3 years has reached over 90%.
7. Apply via CUCAS
CUCAS (Known as China's University and College Admission System, website: www.cucas.cn) was founded in 2008 in Beijing and is the strategic partner of CEAIE (China Education Association for International Exchange). With 600+ partner universities in China (including top ones like Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, and Tongji University) and helping thousands of international students get admission to Chinese universities every year, CUCAS is the biggest online platform for students to study abroad in China.
1. Online telephone and video consultation to choose a Chinese university(600+ Chinese universities to choose from)
2. Pay the CUCAS fee (usually $0 – $150)
3. Complete the online self-service application (about 20 minutes) or contact a consultant for 1-on-1 help and apply offline.
4. CUCAS is responsible for all services.
10 Advantages of CUCAS
1. Timely information (Keep updated with 300+ universities).
2. Accessible consulting service.
3. Easy online self-application
4. Detailed guide for pre-preparations.
5. More activities when students reached China.
6. Accommodation booking service and bank transfer service without service fees.
7. Accessible while studying in China.
8. Choose and compare multiple programs and universities together before making decisions.
9. Low service fee. ($50-$150)
10. Knows China very well. (CUCAS team has a lot of Chinese people)
The university started to recruit overseas students from the year of 2003. It has now a successful history of international students' education. Welcome international students to apply to WFMU!