East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL) is one of the first groups of higher learning institutions of politics and law established by the new People's Republic of China and it used to be one of the higher learning institutions of the Ministry of Justice of PRC. It is now a university jointly administered by the Ministry of Justice and the local government, with the local government enjoying the priority of the administration. Through the efforts of several generations, ECUPL has gradually developed into a multidisciplinary university of economics, management, finance, foreign languages, etc. with a focus on law.
East China University of Political Science and Law (ECUPL) was founded in 1952; the urban campus is located on the campus of the former St. John's University. The new campus that houses undergraduate students is located in Songjiang University Town. East China University of Political Science and Law is one of the few higher education institutions in China specializing in legal education. In the field of legal education, the East China University of Political Science and Law enjoys unparalleled influence and prestige in Shanghai and greater East China, which is China's most developed geographical division.
2. Featured Programs
2. Chinese Language and Literature (Business Chinese)
7. Intellectual Property Right
8. Computer Science and Technology
11. Social Security
14. International Economy and Trade
22. Cultural Industry Management
23. Chinese Language and Literature
24. Social Work
1. Juris Master Program in International Economic Law
2. Legal Theory
8. History of Foreign Legal System
10. Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
13. Legislative Law
15. Law of Procedure
17. Intelligent Law
19. Health Law
20. Economic Law
21. Commercial Law
22. Financial Law
23. Environmental and Resource Protection
24. Social Law
25. Law and Finance
27. International law (including Public International Law, Private International Law and International Economic Law)
28. International Shipping Law
29. Military Law
31. Foreign Lawyers
33. Criminal Law
34. Law of Procedure
35. Code of Criminal Procedure
36. Legal Logic
37. Criminal Justice
40. Physical Evidence Technology
42. Computer and Audio-visual Data Identification
49. Basic Principles of Marxism
50. Research on Marxism in China
51. Ideological and Political Education
52. Research on Socialist Legal Education and Communication
53. Research on the Basic Problems of Modern Chinese History
54. Theory of Political Science
55. Chinese and Foreign Political Systems
59. Education Economy and Management
60. Social Security
65. Legal News
66. News History
67. News Ethics and Regulations
70. Digital Media and Cultural Industry
74. Social Management and Social Policy
75. Social Work
76. Foreign Language and Literature
78. Law (non law)
79. Law (Law)
80. Legal Culture
81. Education Law
1. Legal Theory
3. Constitutional Law and Administrative Law(Constitutional Law)
7. Economic Law
10. Legal and Political Studies
11. Intellectual Property Right
12. Social Law
16. Political Parties and National Governance
Ⅰ. Scholarship Coverage
Type A (Full scholarship): covers tuition, expenses for accommodation and living, and medical insurance during the corresponding study period. It was established to fund excellent prospective students applying for postgraduate, undergraduate, and pre-college programs.
Type B (Partial scholarship): covers tuition and medical insurance during the corresponding study period. It was established to fund excellent prospective students applying for postgraduate and undergraduate programs.
1. Non-Chinese Citizen; Healthy both physically and mentally
2. High school graduate.
3. IELTS5.0 above or TOEFL 60 above for teaching in English
4. HSK4 or above for teaching Chinese
5. Interview is needed
6. Need to Pay Tuition Before Online Class Starts
Ⅲ. Documents You Need to Provide
1. Application Form
2. 2 passport-size photos
3. Copy of passport
4. Certificate of no criminal record
5. Certificate of HSK4 for teaching in Chinese, IELTS5.0 above, or TOEFL 60 above for teaching in English
6. High school graduate certificate Graduation certificate in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
7. High school academic transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization.
8. Two letters of recommendation from experts
9. Proof of Financial Guarantee
10. Study plan(not less than 1000 words) Including study purpose, research interest, and research plan in brief.
11. Physical examination record for foreigner
4. Communication and international cooperation
Actively promoting international cooperation, ECUPL has entered into partnerships with over 188 universities and academic institutions overseas, has been working with partner universities and academic institutions overseas, and has been working with partner universities to offer two joint programs approved by the Ministry of Education. Moreover, it has run various student exchange programs allowing for cross-recognition of academic credits with about 65 overseas colleges and universities. ECUPL is also eligible to receive international students sponsored by the Chinese Government Scholarship.
5. Apply via CUCAS
CUCAS (Known as China's University and College Admission System, website: www.cucas.cn) was founded in 2008 in Beijing and is the strategic partner of CEAIE (China Education Association for International Exchange). With 600+ partner universities in China (including top ones like Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, and Tongji University) and helping thousands of international students get admission to Chinese universities every year, CUCAS is the biggest online platform for students to study abroad in China.
1. Online telephone and video consultation to choose a Chinese university(600+ Chinese universities to choose from)
2. Pay the CUCAS fee (usually $0 – $150)
3. Complete the online self-service application (about 20 minutes) or contact a consultant for 1-on-1 help and apply offline.
4. CUCAS is responsible for all services.
10 Advantages of CUCAS
1. Timely information (Keep updated with 300+ universities).
2. Accessible consulting service.
3. Easy online self-application
4. Detailed guide for pre-preparations.
5. More activities when students reached China.
6. Accommodation booking service and bank transfer service without service fees.
7. Accessible while studying in China.
8. Choose and compare multiple programs and universities together before making decisions.
9. Low service fee. ($50-$150)
10. Knows China very well. (CUCAS team has a lot of Chinese people)
The ECUPL currently offers non-degree and degree programs to foreign candidates. Degree programs in International Law, Legal History, Economic Law, and Criminal Law, as well as Masters programs in Jurisprudence, History of the Legal System, Constitutional law, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Civil and Commercial Law, Procedural Law, Economic Law, and so on. ECUPL also welcomes qualified foreign students in advanced courses in law or Chinese language, including Legal Mandarin.