Northeastern University at Qinhuangdao (NEUQ) is one of the best universities in Hebei Province. NEUQ, whose founding was officially approved by China’s Ministry of Education, is a general institute of higher learning. Under the general program of Northeastern University, enjoys independence in management and recruits students nationwide.
NEUQ was originally founded in 1987 as an organic component of Northeastern University. In 1996, it entered Project 211, conducting the sub-projects of Northeastern University. In 1998, together with Northeastern University, it became a university directly under the Ministry of Education. In 2001, under the approval of the Ministry of Education, its computerized recruits and graduation of students were put under the unified management of Northeastern University. Meanwhile, it kept enjoying its independence in enrolling students from all over China. In 2006, it started to conduct the sub-projects of Project 985.
2. International Cooperation
The university values international cooperative exchanges and friendly communication so long-term friendship and cooperation have been set up with various research institutes and universities from the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, and other countries. Meanwhile, under the principle of “inviting the talented to come from abroad, sending people to go abroad to learn”, NEUQ has regularly sent its faculty to many countries as visiting scholars to do research and study or deliver lectures. So far, substantive achievements have been made in education, scientific research, and talented personnel development.
3. Featured Programs
Information Management and Information System
Electronic and Information Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
Internet of Things Engineering
Process Equipment and Control Engineering
Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation
Electrical Engineering and Automation
Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Information and Computing Science
Materials Science and Engineering
Resource Exploration Engineering
International Economy and Trade
Materials Forming and Control Engineering
Healthcare Service and Management
Applied Economics(Regional Economics)
Material Science and Engineering
Information and Communication Engineering
Control Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
Management Science and Engineering
Materials and Chemical Engineering
Electronic Information(Electronic and Communication Engineering)
Electronic Information(Computer Technology)
Electronic Information(Control Engineering)
Natural Resources and Environment
Ⅲ. Entry Requirements
Non-Chinese citizens with good health
High school graduation.
HSK level 4 or above.
Above 18 years old. Students under 18 can also apply but they might need to find an adult your family member, relatives, or friends) living in china, better Chinese, as your guarantor in China before you can apply, and your guarantor will need to provide related documents like a guardian letter for you to support your application.
Ⅳ. Application Materials
1. Digital ID photo in JPEG format which is less than 100KB.
2. Photocopy of a valid passport
With name, passport number & expiration date, and a photo included
3. Certificate of HSK
Certificate of HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test), No need for English medium programs
4. High school graduate certificate
Graduation certificates in languages other than Chinese or English should be translated into Chinese or English and be certified by notarization
5. High school academic transcript
Academic transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English should be transacted into Chinese or Ena ish and be certified by notarization
In both Chinese/English and the applicant's native language.
7. Supporting Documents: Certificate of Good Conduct Provided by your current/previous school/company in Chinese/English to improve your success rate. You can download a template or sample from here.
For applicants who are in China: If you are an employee, you still need to provide an employment separation certificate and your current residence permit. If you are a student, you need to provide a transfer certificate, leaving certificate, a certificate of attendance rate issued by your previous school, and your current residence permit.
4. Apply via CUCAS
CUCAS (Known as China's University and College Admission System, website: www.cucas.cn) was founded in 2008 in Beijing and is the strategic partner of CEAIE (China Education Association for International Exchange). With 600+ partner universities in China (including top ones like Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, and Tongji University) and helping thousands of international students get admission to Chinese universities every year, CUCAS is the biggest online platform for students to study abroad in China.
1. Online telephone and video consultation to choose a Chinese university(600+ Chinese universities to choose from)
2. Pay the CUCAS fee (usually $0 – $150)
3. Complete the online self-service application (about 20 minutes) or contact a consultant for 1-on-1 help and apply offline.
4. CUCAS is responsible for all services.
10 Advantages of CUCAS
1. Timely information (Keep updated with 300+ universities).
2. Accessible consulting service.
3. Easy online self-application
4. Detailed guide for pre-preparations.
5. More activities when students reached China.
6. Accommodation booking service and bank transfer service without service fees.
7. Accessible while studying in China.
8. Choose and compare multiple programs and universities together before making decisions.
9. Low service fee. ($50-$150)
10. Knows China very well. (CUCAS team has a lot of Chinese people)
NEUQ endeavors to cultivate high-quality talents of bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctoral degrees. With distinguished professors, diversified disciplines and courses, first-class facilities, a garden-like campus, safe and comfortable accommodations, and abundant choices of food, overseas students enjoy a wonderful life at NEUQ.