- Private School vs. Public University
If you are confused about whether you should choose a public Chinese university or a private school to study, it’s time to ease your trouble of knowing some basic facts.
1. For Public University---No Cheating
Since almost all universities in China are public, the Chinese government attaches great importance to controlling the standards of a university, so you don’t need to worry that you will be cheated in a public Chinese university. Quality controls are mainly ensured through the following channels:
(1) The opening of any course or awarding of a degree must be reviewed and approved by the Ministry of Education;
(2) Chinese Ministry of Education set up the “Undergraduate Quality of Education Assessment Committee” wherein the university will undergo mandatory periodic assessment.
(3) The association of each subject course must, on a regular basis, evaluate the quality and development of various disciplines and research areas.
(4) Non-government organizations and the media conduct annual rankings of China's universities.
2. For Private School---Small Class Learning
In terms of private schools, you should be cautious to it. If you intend to learn Chinese language, then many private schools could provide you small class learning environment, but that surely will cost you more. It is a fact that there are a number of private schools in China. However, you cannot guarantee that you won’t be cheated by chance. So, advices would be: Post questions about everything the private school offers. If you are asked to pay a large amount of fees, be more cautious.