Zhejiang University of Science and Technology （ZUST） is located in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province. ZUST is a full-time regular public university, which focuses on engineering, with additional disciplines in science, arts, economics, management, and education. Combining the technical know-how of German Applied Science Universities with its own experience, ZUST explores ways of cultivating international specialists with applied skills.
At present, ZUST has been running 12 English-taught undergraduate programs and 9 English-taught postgraduate programs. Meanwhile, ZUST provides a bachelor’s degree program in Business Chinese for Chinese language beginners and is ready to receive transfer students with the Chinese language basic. With the further development of international cooperation and the establishment of distinctive undergraduate and postgraduate majors, the number of international students is increasing significantly. Now more than 2300 international students from over 108 countries are studying on the campuses.
2. Featured Programs
1. Chinese Bridge Free Online Program
2. Green &Intelligent Manufacturing for a Better Future Chinese Bridge Online Program
3. Short Term Study Tour Program
4. Explore Robotics on Chinese Bridge Program
5. Semester Chinese Language Program
7. Chinese Program 2 Months + 1 Semester
1. Civil Engineering(Chinese-German Cooperative Program)
2. Industrial Engineering(Chinese-German Cooperative Program)
6. Computer Science and Technology
7. International Economics and Trade
9. Food Science and Engineering
10. Data Science and Big Data Technology
11. Chinese Language and Literature (Business Chinese)
12. International Economics and Trade
3. Intelligent Manufacturing and Control Engineering
4. Advanced Manufacturing and Informatization
5. Chemical Engineering and Technique
6. Master of Teaching Chinese Language to Speakers of Other Languages(MTCSOL)
3. Scholarship for Outstanding New Students of ZUST
ZUST scholarship is divided into four levels:
(1) First place:100% of first year’s tuition fee
(2) Second place: 70% of first year’s tuition fee
(3) Third place: 50% of first year’s tuition fee
(4) Fourth place: 30% of first year’s tuition fee
This scholarship is divided into two semesters of the first year, you need to have good performance and good attendance in the first semester and then can continue the rest of the half-semester for this scholarship.
a. Applicant for the bachelor’s degree program should have obtained the senior high school degree or equivalent education, get recommendation letters from 2 professors/assistant professors and be under the age of 30.
b. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
c. Applicants should comply with the laws and regulations in China, and comply with the rules and disciplines in the host university.
d. Applicants should have a good knowledge of Chinese and provide proof such as HSK certificates or other Chinese learning or Chinese examination certificates.
For those applying for courses taught in English, the standard might be lowered.
Documents You Need to Provide
a. Application form for ZUST scholarship.
b. Notarized bachelor’s degree diploma and transcripts.
c. Copy of passport.
d. Health certificate.
e. Recommendation letter.
f. University application form.
4. International Cooperation
The management of a higher educational institution pays special attention to the development of international relations with other universities of the country and the world. The total number of Zhejiang Higher School of Science and Technology partnership agreements has reached over twenty. The agreements were signed in such areas as academic exchange, joint scientific research, scientific conferences, and workshops. It should be noted that, in recent years, the university has been working closely with leading German higher education institutions and enterprises in various fields. As a result of these arrangements, the university has made a significant contribution to the development of the local region.
5. Why ZUST
1. A Public University - in a modern, friendly city with a booming economy.
2. Various Kinds of Scholarships - all international students are eligible to apply for various kinds of scholarships.
3. ZUST Offers - 12 English-taught bachelor's degree programs and 6 English-taught master's degree programs, with no requirement for Chinese Proficiency.
4. ZUST has passed - Quality Accreditation on International Students Education by the Ministry of Education.
5. ZUST Offers - free information & services regarding internships and job-hunting.
6. ZUST Offers - opportunities for exchange programs in Europe or the USA.
7. ZUST Offers - free Chinese tutor services.
8. Exciting Sports Events & Recreational Activities - are organized by the International Student Union (ISU) and International Culture Communication Association (ICCA) and other student associations.
9. Facilities and Services - including international students’ accommodation, Halal canteens, a service center for foreigners, a sports field and an exclusive gymnasium, etc.
10. Free pick-up service - from Hangzhou airport, train stations, and coach stations during a certain period.
6. Apply via CUCAS
CUCAS (Known as China's University and College Admission System, website: www.cucas.cn) was founded in 2008 in Beijing and is the strategic partner of CEAIE (China Education Association for International Exchange). With 600+ partner universities in China (including top ones like Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, and Tongji University) and helping thousands of international students get admission to Chinese universities every year, CUCAS is the biggest online platform for students to study abroad in China.
1. Online telephone and video consultation to choose a Chinese university(600+ Chinese universities to choose from)
2. Pay the CUCAS fee (usually $0 – $150)
3. Complete the online self-service application (about 20 minutes) or contact a consultant for 1-on-1 help and apply offline.
4. CUCAS is responsible for all services.
10 Advantages of CUCAS
1. Timely information (Keep updated with 300+ universities).
2. Accessible consulting service.
3. Easy online self-application
4. Detailed guide for pre-preparations.
5. More activities when students reached China.
6. Accommodation booking service and bank transfer service without service fees.
7. Accessible while studying in China.
8. Choose and compare multiple programs and universities together before making decisions.
9. Low service fee. ($50-$150)
10. Knows China very well. (CUCAS team has a lot of Chinese people)
Zhejiang University of Science and Technology warmly welcomes international students to study in China. CUCAS could (Study In China Admission System) help international students apply for ZUST and get enrollment quickly and efficiently.